Red Cross Lifeguard Course
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
We are happy to offer two complete lifeguard classes in May and June. One class will be offered Saturdays and the other on Sundays.
1) Minimum age: 15 years by end of class.
2) Swim 300 yards continuously using breaststroke or front crawl.
3) Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
4) Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
5) Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
$325. A CPR mask and lifeguard fanny-pack will be provided to keep.
This is a blended-learning class that will require approximately 7 hours of coursework to be performed online before 3/27. There is no additional fee for the online content.
After you sign up, you will receive a welcome letter with additional details from the instructor.
About the Instructor:
Bill Clark first became a lifeguard in 1989 and served as an emergency medical service responder and instructor for 15 years. He has years of real-life experiences using the skills presented in this class, which allows him to truly prepare students for their important roles as lifeguard.